Salesforce Administrator: Brazil, Mexico, and U.S. & Canada
Remote in Brazil, Mexico, or U.S./Canada
Mercy For Animals aims to end industrial animal agriculture by constructing a just and sustainable food system. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free.
As a leading farmed animal advocacy organization, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!
We currently seek a Salesforce administrator in Brazil, Mexico, or the U.S./Canada to join our technology team. In this role you will help our exceptionally effective organization achieve our mission. The Salesforce administrator’s objectives are to improve user experience, grow adoption, and maintain high data quality and availability in Salesforce and integrated tools.
You will do invaluable work:
- Manage data on hundreds of thousands of supporters, such as volunteers and donors
- Support Salesforce power users in carrying out, automating, and tracking critical work from fundraising to advocacy
- Take initiative to improve user experience based on adoption data and nuanced understanding of user needs
- Design and build robust technical solutions to complex problems across multiple complex subsystems
- Work directly with end users to understand needs and issues
- Work closely with power users to configure, support, and maintain Salesforce and integrated systems, such as Pardot, Springboard, and various payment platforms, using Zapier, Omatic, and other tools
- Coach team members on technical aspects of Salesforce and best practices
- Work closely with team members to ensure Salesforce data entry is timely, accurate, and complete
- Balance needs and priorities across departments and regions, effectively communicating expectations
- Advocate standard best practices and configure Salesforce to meet our unique needs
- Oversee contributors relating to Salesforce and integrated systems, such as consultants and contractors, and implement recommendations from experts
- Perform other tasks as instructed by the director of data and analytics
Your qualifications will take our technology team to the next level:
- Mid-level experience with Salesforce
- Salesforce administrator certification
- Exceptional technical skills (advanced degree in a technical field, equivalent experience, or Salesforce architect certification strongly preferred)
- Experience with other highly configurable CRM systems or other certifications (preferred)
- Pardot (account engagement), Springboard, Zapier, and other integrations experience (preferred)
- Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) experience and close work with nonprofit development teams (preferred)
- Force.com, Visualforce, and Web-to-Case experience (preferred)
- Experience supporting digital marketing or advocacy work (preferred)
- Strong attention to detail, including the ability to listen and understand stakeholders’ questions and needs
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the persistence to find excellent solutions to complicated problems
- Ability to identify priorities, balance competing priorities, and manage expectations from multiple stakeholders
- Fluency in written and spoken English in business or technical settings (Spanish or Portuguese as a first or second language preferred)
- Comfort working both autonomously and collaboratively in a fully remote environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively at all organizational levels
- Ability to travel around one to two times per year for conferences and retreats
- Commitment to the mission and values of Mercy For Animals
- Commitment to continued personal and organizational growth in diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice principles
About Your Team Leader
Michael, the director of data and analytics, is an impact-oriented technologist building our data team. For over 10 years, he has driven exceptional user adoption of systems, from Silicon Valley to sub-Saharan Africa. He came to Mercy For Animals after a rigorous third-party analysis convinced him that Mercy For Animals and our coalition partners are far more impactful than the average charity of any type.
Michael expects you to own solutions, working in your own way. That said, he also enjoys collaboration and will always make time to think or tinker together, if it helps you be more effective! Outside work, he enjoys exploring nonprofit data, skateboarding, and meditation.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of $95,405–$107,868, depending on qualifications, and enjoy a commute-free life as a remote team member. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and a 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3 percent of your annual salary.
*Benefits and salary outside the United States will be shared early in the interview process.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each application, resume, and cover letter. Feel encouraged to go outside a traditional cover letter and state how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Our Commitment to You
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We are committed to the principles of equity and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity—enabling every team member to shine. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.